2333 N. 6th Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-298-1782 (Medical Clinic)
970-298-6320 (Dental Clinic)
Kay Ramachandran, Executive Director
Opened: May 2, 1988
140 Volunteer Referral Specialists (Community-wide)
Marillac Clinic provides primary and preventive health care services for Mesa County's low-middle income, uninsured population in a manner that respects the individual's dignity. Marillac Clinic has its primary clinic on the campus of St. Mary's Hospital & Regional Medical Center, Grand Junction, Colo. A satellite clinic in Palisade serves residents in the eastern part of the county. Patient fees are charged on a sliding scale and according to ability to pay. Marillac participates in the Colorado Indigent Care Program (CICP), which follows the income level of 250 percent of the federal poverty guidelines.
View Larger Map
Services and Expertise
- Medical Home: The clinic serves as a medical home for uninsured and eligible Mesa County residents. Marillac patients receive thorough, cost-eff ective diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care for a wide range of acute and chronic medical conditions. When necessary, patients are seen by any one of approximately 140 volunteer referral specialists.Sliding fee scale lab and X-ray services are provided
to Marillac patients by St. Mary’s and Community Hospital, a local osteopathic hospital.
- Integrated Care Model: Marillac Clinic has been nationally recognized for integrating mental health care into the primary care setting. Th is model offers flexibility and openness to address medical, psychosocial and other needs of the patient all in one visit.
- Medication Assistance: Patients have access to aff ordable prescription medications through the clinic’s medication assistance program.
- Dental Clinic: The dental clinic features 13 state-ofthe-art dental operatories. Adults and children have access to basic preventive, restorative and relief-of-pain services, including cleanings, examinations, X-rays, fillings, extractions and aff ordable dentures. In addition to treating the uninsured, the dental clinic accepts Medicaid-eligible children and adults as well as children eligible for the Colorado Child Health Plan. In 2011, dental services began at the satellite clinic in Palisade.
- Optical Program: An expanded optical clinic, with state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment, provides low-cost, complete eye exams and aff ordable new eyeglasses for children and adults.
- Patient Encounters: Marillac Clinic’s combined programs provided 24,513 patient visits in 2011. Marillac was founded by a group of dedicated health care professionals and community leaders in 1988.
Marillac was founded by a group of dedicated health care professionals and community leaders in 1988.